Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Ventures - Play The Country Classics (1963)


Here's a wonderful gem that I found in the HPB bargain bin! I just love the Ventures and their awesome guitar playing! Although I prefer their more surf/pop-rock sound, I thought I'd go ahead and get this album since it contains my favorite song, "You Are My Sunshine". Well, I definitely love this album! I was already familiar with some of the songs, but this "new" spin on them made me really like them. I think this album is a must for my next party - it's great for dancing! And it's also made me want to start practicing my guitar again!

Track listing for The Ventures - Play The Country Classics:

Side 1:
1. Panhandle Rag
2. Wabash Cannonball
3. San Antonio Rose
4. I Walk The Line
5. Wildwood Flower
6. I Can't Stop Loving You

Side 2:
1. Lovesick Blues
2. Steel Guitar Rag
3. You Are My Sunshine
4. Oh, Lonesome Me
5. Sugarfoot Rag
6. Born to Lose

1 comment:

Music Buff said...

Dear Esther, I live in Sydney Australia and suspect we have much in common based upon the immense enjoyment I have received from your blog. I understand your decision but am bitterly disappointed for your sake and that of all music lovers. The joy you have brought to my life is immense and I suspect that is reflected in others around the world. Thank you so much and please get in touch if you have the time.
My sincere thanks for your efforts - you really did help fill the world with music, one note at a time.
Bruce